Zora Neale Hurston Library Rocks with Children’s Programs this July
Address: 3808 Avenue D - Fort Pierce
- Storytime Jam runs every Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. for ages 2-5.
- Legos at the Library is slated for Saturday, July 1 at 2 p.m.
- Jam out with the movie "Rock Dog" on Friday, July 7 at 2 p.m. Featuring the voices of Luke Wilson and Eddie Izzard, this animated film is rated PG with a running time of 90 minutes.
- T.E.A.M. Power gets cooking on Saturday, July 8 at 2 p.m. Ages 8 to 18 can participate in hands-on activities that focus on science, technology, engineering art and math.
- Make & Take Crafts provides students with a chance to build some unique summer crafts that they can take home with them on Friday, July 14 & 28 at 2 p.m.
- Contraption Faction happens on Saturday, July 15 at 2 p.m. Students (ages 10 and older) can get technical and explore different areas of technology including coding with Scratch and Ozobots, circuitry with MaKey MaKey and Snap Circuits, solar power robots and much more.
- Power up with the most recent version of the "Power Rangers" on Friday, July 21 at 2 p.m. Featuring Dacre Montgomery, Naomi Scott and RJ Cyler, this film is rated PG-13 with a running time of 124 minutes. Permission slips must be approved by a parent or guardian for those under 13.
- The Library's Science Experiments program runs Wednesday, July 12 and 19 at 3 p.m. Designed for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, this program provides students with the opportunity to take part in hands-on science experiments. Come early, as space is limited.
- The Summer Reading Entertainment Program takes place on Thursdays at 10 a.m. Check out the Kitchen Chemists on July 13; Mosquitoes: Florida's Vampires on July 19; and the Read, Set, Move! Summer Wrap up event July 27.
These programs are free and open to the public - thanks in part to the generous support of the Friends of the Library.
The Zora Neale Hurston Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 3008 Avenue D, Fort Pierce. For more information about library programs visit: http://library.stlucieco.gov or call 772-462-2154 or email email@example.com.