Volunteers Needed for Various Boards, Committees
St. Lucie County Commissioners are looking for civic-minded residents to serve on several boards and committees. Commissioners will be looking to make appointments at its Reorganization Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 19.
There is an immediate need for volunteers on the following boards/committees:
- Board of Adjustment
- Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Committee
- Code Enforcement Board
- Planning and Zoning Commission
Applications should be submitted before Thursday, Oct. 31. Some boards/committees may require specific qualifications or past experience, but the minimum requirements are:
- Must be a St. Lucie County resident;
- Must not be related to another committee member, County Commissioner or county employee involved with the committee of interest;
- Must not be employed by the same business entity as other committee members;
- Must not serve on more than two county committees (does not apply to Ad Hoc Committees).
Financial disclosure is required for some boards and committees. Applications and more information about each of the advisory boards is available on the county's website at: www.stlucieco.org/boards.