St. Lucie County Seeking New Board Members
St. Lucie County Commissioners are looking for civic-minded residents to serve on several boards and committees.
There are immediate needs for volunteers on the following boards/committees:
- Early Learning Coalition;
- Art in Public Places;
- Contractor’s Examining Board: Plumbing Contractor;
- Treasure Coast Health Council: Provider Vacancy - Representative of health care providers or health care purchasers;
- Value Adjustment Board: Must own homestead property within the county and may not be a person who represents property owners in an administrative or judicial review of property taxes;
- Community Development Block Grant Program Citizen Advisory Task Force: Must live in unincorporated St. Lucie County and meet income restrictions.
- Land Acquisition Selection Committee (four vacancies): One of the vacancies requires the member to be a local scientist;
- Treasure Coast Education & Research Development Authority: Members must be residents and electors of or whose principal place of employment is in St. Lucie County and members must demonstrate an interest in promoting the goals of the Authority;
Applications should be submitted before Monday, Nov. 30. Some boards/committees may require specific qualifications or past experience, but the minimum requirements are:
- Must be a St. Lucie County resident;
- Must not be related to another committee member, County Commissioner or county employee involved with the committee of interest;
- Must not be employed by the same business entity as other committee members;
- Must not serve on more than two county committees (does not apply to Ad Hoc Committees).
Financial disclosure is required for some boards and committees. Applications and more information about each of the advisory boards is available on the county's website at: www.stlucieco.org/boards. For more information call 772-462-1156.