BETTERLIFE HOMECARE HOLIDAY ANGELS GIFT DRIVE BENEFITING THE COUNCIL ON AGING
The Council on Aging (COASL) and Better Life Homecare of St. Lucie County invites the community to bring some comfort and holiday cheer to over 700 local seniors through its Holiday Angels Gift Drive for seniors which will benefit COASL’s clients.
Research suggests that feelings of loneliness can have a real effect on both mental and physical health, “said Antoinette Rolle, Administrator of Better Life Homecare and Nelly Diaz, Community Relations Director of the Council on Aging of St. Lucie. The holidays are a prime time for people to feel lonely and that may be especially true for seniors who can’t travel or have lost their support
Holiday Angels Gift Drive provides a thoughtful gift that seniors might not otherwise receive. More importantly, “Mrs. Rolle said, the Meals on Wheels drivers deliver those gifts with a warm friendly face and kind words to remind them that their community cares about them.”
St. Lucie County’s Better Life Homecare is partnering with local businesses, non-profits, clubs and government agencies, including FedEx Ground, City of Port St. Lucie, Wellmed, Seacoast Bank, The Estate, Trust & Elder Law Firm, and many more community members to ensure that all clients of
COASL receive a gift. Place an appropriate new unwrapped gift in Holiday Angels donation boxes at participating locations through November 30th. Donations to purchase gift can be made to the Council on Aging of St. Lucie.
- Gift Cards (Walmart, Publix, Winn Dixie, Aldi)
- Neck Pillows and Cozy Blankets or throws
- Personal Care Items: lotions, shampoo, conditioner, toiletry sets
- Slippers and Robes (Men and Women)
- Holiday Gift Baskets
- Bath Towel Sets
- Non-Skid socks
- Adult Games, Cards Coloring books or Puzzles
Holiday Angels gift boxes may be found in the following locations:
- Council on Aging in Port St. Lucie & Fort Pierce – 2501 SW Bayshore Blvd. Port Saint Lucie, 34984 and 1505 Orange Ave, Ft. Pierce, 34950
- Seacoast Bank’s throughout Saint Lucie County.
- FedEx Ground – 13701 SW Anthony F. Sansone Sr. Blvd., Port St. Lucie, 34987