Stuart Air Show: Supporting Community Nonprofits
The Stuart Air Show is more than a weekend of sleek planes, daring pilots, exciting exhibits and top-tier vendors, it’s also an organization dedicated to giving back.
Since the Show is also a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, once it is over and the airport returns to normal operations the board of directors meets to allocate a portion of the proceeds raised by the Air Show to area organizations and charities that are equally mission-minded. Since the pandemic, more than $90,000 to area non-profits has been awarded.
Inez van Ravenzwaaij, Executive Director of the Stuart Air Show, shares that thanks to the 2022 Air Show and Salute to Stuart held earlier in the year, more than $43,000 in funds and $17,000 in-kind were donated.
Some of the organizations that benefited from this these donations were:
- Boy Scouts of America Troops 499 and 422
- Buffalo Soldiers
- Civil Air Patrol
- Clark Advanced Learning Center
- EAA Chapter 692
- Humane Society of the Treasure Coast
- Martin Country High School Air Force JROTC
- Martin County robotics program SPAM
- Road to Victory Military Museum
- St. Lucie West Centennial Highschool Navy JROTC
- Special Olympics of Martin County
- Southeast Florida Honor Flight
- Soroptimist of Stuart
- Stuart Police Explorers
- Treasure Coast Highschool Air Force JROTC
- U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps
- United Way of Martin County
Honorees reflect the Air Show’s mission of honoring the past while inspiring the younger generation to look up into the blue skies and imagine all the possibilities.
The date for the 2023 edition of the Stuart Air Show has been set for November 10-12, 2023. To learn more, visit www.stuartairshow.com.
- + Antiques
- + Attractions
- + Automotive
- + Beer
- + Business Services
- + Clothing & Access.
- + Entertainment
- + Health & Beauty
- + Hotels
- + Night Life
- + Real Estate
- + Residential Services
- + Restaurants
- + Shopping
- + Websites
- + Yacht Club