Martin County challenges residents to get out and play
July is National Park and Recreation Month and Martin County Parks and Recreation staffwants to CHALLENGE YOU to stay active and visit our parks! During the month of July, complete at least 6 of the 9 challenges listed for a chance to win awesome prizes! Don't delay, only the first 10 complete challenge entries received by 11:59 p.m. July 31 will win a prize!
Here's how it works
- Visit our parks and complete each one of the challenges listed on the card
- Take a photo when completing each challenge and check the appropriate white box on the challenge card
- Complete at least 6 of the 9 challenges for a chance to winE-mail all your photos and challenge card with your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org (one e-mail per participant, incomplete entries won't be accepted)
- Post your photos on social media and use the hashtag #LoveMCParks
- Tag us on Facebook @MyMCParks
Prizes include a Family Fun Pack to the Florida Oceanographic Coastal Center, Family Fun Day Pack to Sailfish Splash Waterpark, family two-hour sailing lesson on a Hobie Wave catamaran and a one-day rental with the U.S. Sailing Center Martin County, Carrabba's gift card, Kilwins gift certificate and much more! Martin County Parks and Recreation manages 77 parks consisting of 1,784 acres of park land and 15,000 linear feet of ocean beaches. With a dedicated staff of 50 full-time and 135 seasonal employees, Martin County Parks and Recreation offers residents and visitors 38 baseball and softball fields, 28 playgrounds, 26 soccer and football fields and 26 boat ramps.Our parks and recreation department is one of only 166 accredited park and recreation agencies in the entire United States.
Take the challenge this July by visiting your Martin County parks! For questions on the challenge or for more information, please contact us at (772) 221-1430.