- 5:00 pm
Saturday May 5, 2018 through Sunday May 6, 2018 Location:
Okeechobee Shooting Sports
7055 NE 48th St, Okeechobee, Florida 34972
This intensive 2-day practical pistol course is designed for the results oriented shooter who is ready to hone their baseline skill set, push their performance, and develop additional ways to solve the problems at hand.
There are no prerequisites, but students should already be safe shooters who can competently & safely apply the fundamentals. This should not be your first pistol class.
Coursework will include the following topics, Techniques, & challenges.
• Perspective & Mindset
• Anatomy of the Threat
• Expected Terminal Performance from a Pistol
• Practical Safety
• Reviewing How to Safely Holster
• Holstering AIWB Safely
• Refining your Grip
• Principles of Stance
• The Importance of Indexes
• Refining your Presentation
• Reading your Sights
• Diagnosing Inaccuracies
• The Concept of Adequate Accuracy
• Improving Recoil Management
• Pushing for Speed on Strings of Fire
• Defeating the Cover Garment
• Improving the Draw
• Firing from Positions of Retention
• Introducing Movement
• Emergency Reloads & Proactive Reloads
• Common Causes of Malfunctions & How to Prevent Them.
• Malfunction Clearance Techniques
• Single Hand Shooting
• Regulating & Estimating your Speed
• Target Transitions (Narrow & Wide)
• Working around Barricades, Cover, & Concealment
• Positional Shooting
• Ingress/Egress into/out of Shooting Positions
• Moving around others while Armed
• Spatial Awareness while Shooting
• Stress Induction
• Drills & Exercises for Continued Improvement
This class is primarily designed for the Concealed Carrier and it is recommended that you train with your Concealed Carry holster. If you occasionally wear a button down shirt or jacket, you should bring a shirt of that style in addition to a standard T-shirt so that you can learn to draw your weapon while wearing both types of shirts in your wardrobe.
If you’re a Law Enforcement Officer, you are also welcome to bring your duty rig.
Students who successfully complete this class will receive a Certificate summarizing the curriculum, detailing their competency of the subject matter, and listing their scores.
Numerous prizes will be available including a Top Shooter prize.
About the Gear/Ammo Needed:
• Carry or Duty Pistol (9mm or greater)
• 1,000 rounds
• 3 or more magazines minimum
• Mag Carrier(s) [you need to be able to carry 2 spare mags on body]
• Good Belt (we recommend Mean Gene Leather or Ares Gear)
• Quality Holster (Kydex preferred. Universal Nylon, Remora, & Serpa Holsters are NOT allowed in our classes. Serpas are allowed for active LEOs if they are the issued duty holster.)
• Eye pro
• Ear pro (electronic strongly preferred)
• Permanent Marker (Sharpie)
• Weather-Appropriate clothing (jacket/rain jacket)
• Baseball Cap (optional)
• Bag Lunch or you can buy lunch on site
Your Instructor for this Course is Jeff Quinney. His biography & credentials are listed in the Instructor section of BeYourFirstAssurance.com
(Some training facilities may have a range fee. These possible range fees are typically around $20/day depending on the facility & are payable directly to the range. They are separate from your tuition & due on the day of class.)
*Space is limited, so Advance Registration is Required.*